What is it?
It is the collective construction of meaning and understanding based on dialogue with all the students participating in the gathering. The operation of the gatherings dialogic is based on the 7 principles of Dialogic Learning and developed based on the best creations of humankind in various fields: from literature to art or music.
Through dialogic gatherings enhances the direct approach of students regardless of age, gender, culture or ability to classical culture universal and scientific knowledge accumulated by mankind over time. In this sense, there are various types of gatherings dialogic as:
- Dialogic literary gatherings
- Musical gatherings dialogic
- Gatherings dialogic art
- Gatherings math dialogic
- Dialogic scientific gatherings
How is it organized?
In each session, all participating students exposed their interpretation of what they are working on gathering dialogic (a literary text, a work of art, a piece of music, a contribution mathematics, etc..). So the rest expresses that which has arisen, explaining why he has drawn attention in previous dialogues relating it to previous gatherings, exposing critical reflection about it, etc.. Through dialogue and input from each student generates a rich exchange that can deepen that over which the gathering versa, in turn promoting the construction of new knowledge. In each session one of the participants assumed the role of moderator with the idea of promoting equal participation of all students.
For example, in the literary circle all students agree to read a number of pages or chapters and paragraphs choice in the party then read aloud and explain the reason for your choice. Debating around them.
Why read classic literature?
Universal Classics bring knowledge, vocabulary enhancement, greater understanding of the historical situation, the better quality of literature, and ultimately what make history in different cultures, becoming prime cultural references to understand and reflect on the world. Today more than ever, in our globalized societies, reading classic literature of the different parts of the world is learning to understand and comprehend basic our societies.
To recognize a literary dialogic just need to know if the books are read classic literature and if carried out through dialogic learning methodology (Arrow, 1997)
A classic work of literature is one that endures over time. On it there is a universal consensus that recognizes the quality and contribution to the cultural heritage of humanity. These works are models of their kind. They are also works that reflect a quality and depth the major issues that concern humanity, the universal, regardless of culture or time. These works do not go out of style, which continue to attract people through generations even though they were written hundreds or even thousands of years, as the Iliad or the Odyssey.
- Access the materials section of the website.
- The November 22, 2008 was held the V Congress of Literary and Musical Gatherings Dialogic s in the industrial south, Sevilla.
- You can find more information about literary gatherings: http://confapea.org/tertulias/
Experiences from centers
- Video on dialogic literary Gatherings: Ania Ballesteros. Final conference INCLUD-ED project. European Parliament. December 2011.
- School Newspaper Supplement. Dialogic Reading No. 2 (2011). Wolters Kluwer Publisher
- School Newspaper Supplement. Gatherings dialogic No. 4 (2012). Wolters Kluwer Publisher.
- Perspective Magazine article School 313. Access